Tanya Burr Chasing The Sun Collection


Tanya recently released the Chasing the Sun collection, I did an unboxing and first impressions over on my YouTube channel but now that I’ve had a better chance to use them I thought I’d give you a more in depth review.

Illuminating Powders
The illuminating powders are my favourite products from the collection, there are 3 shades available, peonies please, warm bronze and champagne sorbet. I think champagne sorbet will be the most popular as it is the most tradition champagne highlighting shade. Warm bronze looks beautiful as a highlighter if you have a good tan (thank you Lanzarote) or it also makes a nice blush. Peonies Please is the one I have had the least use out of as it is very pink and doesn’t quite go with everything, however, it leaves a nice shimmer on the cheek.
In terms of the quality of the product I am totally obsessed. The pigmentation is perfect, I don’t think you could improve it if you tried. It sits nicely on the skin without exaggerating any pores and really catches the light especially in photos.

These retail for £7.49

Contour Sticks
There are 2 shades of contour stick in the collection, light/medium and medium/dark. I’ve actually made the most use out of the medium/dark one which is much more suited to be a cream bronzer than a contour, however, it adds warmth and a little bit of definition to the face at the same time.  The lighter shade would work nicely on pale to medium skin and is much more of a traditional contour shades. The only thing missing is a darker shades for deeper skin tones.
The contour sticks blend beautifully, I hate spending a lot of time blending and these really don’t take much. They add a lot to your makeup look with minimal effort and I’ve been reaching for mine frequently.

These retail for £6.99

Lip Balms
The lip balms are all tinted and come in three shades. The sweet lime pie shade pretty much comes across clear on the lips, Strawberry Milkshake is a very light natural pink shade and Blackberry Coulis is the most pigmented and most thick in texture and is a deep berry shade.
I think these are nice products but nothing worth running out to buy in my opinion, apart from the very nice scents they are the same as any other lip balm you have hanging around at home.

These retail for £4.99


Overall I absolutely love this collection, it is my favourite one Tanya has released so far. I have made so much use of the contour sticks, which are especially great during the warmer weather and I believe the illuminating powders are the standout products from Tanya’s whole range, not just this collection.  



Have you tried anything from this collection, what is your favourite Tanya product?

 

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram