The Best Summer Primers



Now that it’s summer time and the weather is warming up, (it’s probably raining the day this post goes live), I’ve started to think a lot more about what is going to keep my makeup on my face. I know a lot of people reach for setting sprays, but for me I don’t find that they make that much difference, primers on the other hand really do keep your makeup on. Primers basically act as a layer of glue between your skin and your makeup and I thought I’d talk you through a few of my summer favourites.

Tanya Burr Face Illuminator
Technically this isn’t a primer but it’s definitely one way you can use it. I like to put a thick layer of this underneath my makeup and I find that it really adds a summer glow to the skin. This definitely wouldn’t be one for oily skin, however, I think it really makes my skin look healthy and alive. It’s a go to on days when I haven’t had much sleep.
This retails for £7.49 and can be found HERE

No7 Airbrush Away Radiance Boosting Primer
This is similar to the Tanya Burr Cosmetics one, however, it acts much more like a traditional primer. It is iridescent when you squeeze it out but blends seamlessly into the skin and really makes your makeup stick around whilst adding a little bit of a glow. No7 do a range of primers so there’s bound to be one to suit you.

This retails for £16.50 and can be found HERE

Laura Mercier Hydrating Foundation Primer
I have used this for the longest time and I always go back to it. It is absolutely perfect as a product. It is exceptionally good for dry skin, my skin went through a stage where no makeup would sit on it nicely and this primer 100% fixed that. I absolutely adore this and would highly recommend it for the warmer weather.


This retails for £30 and can be found HERE 

What is your favourite primer?

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram