How To: Get Motivated


Motivation is either something I have heaps of or none at all, there is no in-between; I thought I’d write a post about to help for when motivation levels are at rock bottom.

1.    Read a book
No, I’m not talking about Pride & Prejudice, I’m thinking more along the lines of ‘Get Your Sh*t Together’ which is a great book if you haven’t read it. It basically takes you through sorting your life out step at a time. You don’t necessarily need this book but find one that works for you because I go back to this one every time I need a kick up the bum.

2.    Make Lists, and lots of them
I like to make one giant super list of everything I need to get done but this is usually quit overwhelming, so I then like to break this down into smaller lists, for example one about home, one for uni, one for the blog etc. I find having it physically written down and the feeling of accomplishment I get when I tick something off really gets me motivated.

3.    Figure out what’s stopping you
Sometimes there’s a reason why you’re not getting anything and figuring that out is always helpful. For example if it’s because you’re tired then you can go to bed early, or if you are worried about one project I start on that first to get it well and truly underway; addressing the issue is always a good way to go.

4.    Change up your routine
It is so easy to get stuck in a rut and I find that changing when things get done or introducing something new into your day, for example exercising, is great because it refreshes your mind and helps to re-settle you.


How do you stay motivated?

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram